- 1 can (15 oz.) of no-salt-added black beans
- 1 bag (16 oz.) of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 of 12-oz. bag of frozen brown rice
- 1 tsp olive oil
1. Empty all contents into a sauce pan.
2. Stir in olive oil.
3. Stir over low to medium heat until rice and vegetables are thoroughly thawed and warm.
4. Serve immediately.
5. Use the leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch.
This recipe is truly quick and easy. No prep, mere minutes start to finish, and only one pot to clean at the end. Yet, it provides plenty of vegetables, protein, and fiber, while keeping sodium and saturated fat very low.
Switch up the kind of beans, vegetables, and grain for variety. Based on this one format, even just two options for each of these three ingredients will yield eight different meals!