Recipe appears courtesy of Karen Levy.
- 1 medium onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1.5 pounds zucchini
- 2.5 cups chicken stock
- 0.5 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 0.5 cup light cream (optional)
- Chop onion and saute with butter in large saucepan. Saute until onions are limp, but not brown.
- Shred the zucchini in a food processor.
- Add the zucchini and chicken stock to the onions. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Using a hand blender, puree the mixture and add the seasonings.
- Add light cream if desired.
- Serve hot, cold, or room temperature.