Recipe is courtesy of Karen Levy, who adapted it from one found in the New York Times Cookbook.
- 1 pound raw cranberries, picked over and washed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 Tbsp Grand Marnier liqueur
- 2 tsp grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup slivered blanched almonds
- Combine all the ingredients, except the almonds, in a saucepan and cook until the cranberries pop open, about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Skim the foam from the surface and cool. Stir in the almonds just before serving.