Recipe is courtesy of Lovin’ the Oven LLC.
This recipe is the perfect healthy post-party meal. You can use all of the leftover vegetables from the veggie platter someone brought along with some leftover chicken! You could add rice to this soup, skip the chicken and easily substitute other vegetables.
- Ingredients1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 cup broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ tbsp. paprika
- ½ tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese (optional)
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp. Tabasco, or more to taste
- 2 cups cooked chicken thighs or breasts, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large saucepan, over medium heat, warm the oil for 30 seconds. Add all of the vegetables, except the tomatoes, and cook, stirring frequently, for 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked but still crispy.
Add the paprika, cumin, chili powder, garlic, and a pinch of salt to the vegetables and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Next, add the chicken broth. Scrape any browned bits from the bottom, if needed, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Simmer until the vegetables are cooked through, 5-7 minutes.
Add Parmesan, tomatoes, chicken, and Tabasco to the pan and simmer an additional 2-3 minutes or until the tomatoes are cooked and the chicken heated through.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!