Recipe courtesy of Sandy Soolman, Jonah’s mom, who has been making this family favorite for decades.
2 servings, but recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, etc.
- 2 slices of soft whole wheat bread (or other soft bread you prefer) to yield approximately 1 cup of soft breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 sprigs of fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 chicken breast halves (approximately 1 lb total)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place torn pieces of bread in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to make soft crumbs. Transfer crumbs to a large bowl.
- Place garlic in the food processor bowl and pulse to finely mince. Add garlic to the breadcrumbs and mix with a large spoon.
- Place the parsley in the food processor and pulse to finely mince. Measure 2 Tbsp of the minced parsley and add to the breadcrumb mixture. Mix well with a large spoon until the garlic and parsley are evenly distributed.
- Spread mustard on both sides of each chicken breast half.
- Coat both sides of each chicken breast half with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place chicken in a shallow pan lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Check to make sure the chicken is thoroughly cooked. If it isn’t, increase cooking time accordingly.